(suitable for vegans)
Enjoy this delicious plantain delicacy which provides good source of fibers.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Calories: 460 kcal
1 scotch bonnet or chilli
2 red pepper
2 red onions
5 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons GuDee Palm oil
400g chestnut mushrooms, chopped into quarters
1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Curry seasoning
1 small bunch thyme
4 bay leaves
1 vegetable stock cube
1 sheet of nori
Step by step
- Cut plantains into approximately 4cm chunks leaving the skin on, add into a pan of boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, add peppers, scotch bonnet, 1 red onion and garlic to a food processor and blend into a paste. Set aside for later.
- Add GuDee palm oil to a large frying pan. Once warm add in mushrooms, all-purpose seasoning, paprika and cook on low heat for 10 minutes until soft. Once cooked remove mushrooms from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the remaining red onion and add to the pan with a further teaspoon of GuDee palm oil and cook on low until the onions have softened.
- Add the blended peppers, curry seasoning, thyme, bay leaves vegetable stock, crushed nori sheet and 300ml water to the pan of onions. Stir and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the plantains from the boil and peel the skin. Toss the plantain into the pan along with the cooked mushrooms.
- Slice the spinach into thin strips and into the pan.
- Stir everything until well combined and simmer for a final 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.