(suitable for vegetarians)
Enjoy this delicious fusion of West Africa and South Asia!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Calories: 299 kcal
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
4 tablespoons groundnut oil
2 tablespoons GuDee Palm Oil
3 tablespoons tomato puree
1 vegetable stock
1 habanero pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon ground curry
110g GuDee ground Egusi
450g Paneer Cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
150g spinach, chopped
A bunch of Coriander, roughly chopped to garnish
Step by step
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in half the groundnut oil on a medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato puree. Turn up the heat to medium. Bring to a simmer and stir in the curry, habanero pepper and salt to taste. Add the vegetable stock and pour in 300ml of water. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the GuDee Egusi in a bowl with 50ml water and stir until it forms a smooth paste. Add the GuDee Egusi mixture into the sauce and cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a nonstick frying pan and fry the paneer cubes in batches until golden on all sides. Remove to a plate as they are ready.
- Tip the paneer into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through. Add the spinach and cook for another 5 minutes
- Serve with rice, naan, chapati or gari and garnish with coriander.